Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Staying Motivated

I describe myself as a passionate person who really enjoys life. I am currently pursuing three goals that all intertwine. My first goal is at Full Sail University, where I am completing my masters program. Secondly, I am working kids out and making them better basketball players. I am teaching the kids life lessons like hard work, dedication, and fulfillment. I am also teaching the kids how to set small goals and achieve them. I want to be a good influence on as many people as possible. My final goal is to become a sports agent. I want to help hard working athletes achieve their dream. The athletes dream could be playing basketball overseas or in the NBA. I set no limits on myself in what I am capable of accomplishing. I believe that life is simple and people make things complicated. My motivation starts with high expectations for myself. I have also learned about the cold realities of the world through experience and other people's experiences. Therefore, I know that I need to work really hard to get everything out of life that I want. I am dedicated to my goals and I am not going to let anything stop me from achieving my goals. I can envision every goal that I want to accomplish.

Experiences that keep me motivated was that I was put in a situation where I did not have a place to live, no job and no future plans. I always was a goal oriented person but I ran into some bad luck and made some bad decisions. The decisions that hurt me was giving roommates an opportunity to pay the rent when they had not paid the rent in months. I trust people but I am also careful not to trust too easily. There is no better teacher in life than experience. Bad luck would include working with a boss who took advantage of me. I should have not let him take advantage of me. I learned these valuable lessons and I am motivated to achieve major goals in my life. I made specific moves to put my life back in the right direction. I was also given an opportunity by my father to live with him where I would not have to worry about a place to live. I then refocused myself and starting setting goals for myself. My first goal that I had was to save for a car. I knew I could not spend much money but I needed to save most of my money so I could get a car. I was able to save that money so I was able to have a car and a cell phone. At the same time, I set goals to help my friend get noticed in the basketball world. I was able to help get two articles posted in the newspaper.

I also had experience in living in a low income area and higher income area. The experience in the low income area allowed me to appreciate the little things in my life. I realized that people only live one time and that I need to make the most out of my life. I need to be ready to pounce on opportunities that are given to me and make my own opportunities. I like to end this blog believing that I create my own luck through hard work, dedication, desire, and belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment